• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MartinD
    • Oct 2005

Carb Part???

Don,
    I have a question regarding a part for the Zenith Carb. I taken the carb apart to clean it. Put all the parts in carb cleaner and gotten everthing real clean like new. I was in the midst of cleaning after the soaking when I noticed the 'seal' for the choke and throttle lever shafts on the carbs lost their rubber seal during the cleaning. I purchased one of your rebuild kits and did not notice this part in it or online in the parts catalog. I am assuming this needs to be replaced now. I just did not realize before putting the carb parts in the cleaning solution that this should have been removed in order to salvage it. Question is, do you have this part or a suggestion for it's repair.
    Thanks for any advice and suggestions.

Marty D.
    Seafarer Tripp 30
  • Don Moyer
    • Oct 2004

Marty,

According to Zenith, the throttle and choke shaft seals in our application (which they consider to be more of an "industrial" application) are not worth replacing, even when they are mostly removed during a cleaning operation. This rationale is based mostly on the premise that throttles are set and remain in one spot during most of the operating time of the engine instead of being continuously operated as in an automobile moving from stop light to stop light.

Don

Comment

• MartinD
      • Oct 2005

Sounds good

That sounds good to me, so I'll get it back together then. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll send you some pics once I have her all done.

Marty D.
      Seafarer Tripp 30

Comment

Working...
      X