X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chad
    • Jul 2006

Water shooting out of spark plug hole

My problem started with water in my oil. I thought it would be my head gasket, so I changed it even though it looked fine. Then when I was doing my compression test, turning the motor over with the starter, I noticed water shooting out of one cylinder.
    Any Ideas where this is coming from and can it be fixed?

Chuck
  • Don Moyer
    • Oct 2004

Chuck,

I can't tell from your report what may have caused the (presumably) small amount of water to appear in your oil initially, but the large amount of water that appeared in your cylinders is most likely due to cranking the starter after your maintenance work, with the raw water through-hull valve open. I'm attaching two Q & A's on the subject to help you get started.

Don
    Attached Files

Comment

• Chad
      • Jul 2006

Don
      When I changed oil there was about an inch of slush that settled to the bottom of a 4 liter windshield washer container. I thought that was a lot.

That isn't my only indication something is wrong, I am also loosing power, and the engine is a bit harder than normal to start.

The water is coming out of only in one cylinder, the furthest from the flywheel.
      I had the spark plug out and was cranking the motor when it came spitting out the plug hole.
      Yes I did have the raw water thru hull open because I didn"t want to run the water pump dry.
      Thanks for the infomation I hope to get to the boat this week and try narrow this problem down.
      If anything I have added here helps you point me in a more specific direction I would be thankful.

Chuck

Comment

Working...
      X