• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mo
    Afourian MVP
    • Jun 2007

Wave Rover Circumnavigation.

Good Day Folks, especially you guys in the Chessapeake

I've followed Alan Mulholland on Wave Rover on You Tube for a few years now. He crossed the Atlantic on a Contessa 26, sailed it back to the Caribbean and then up the East Coast to his start point in PEI. He got caught up in Covid last time and had to abort. Alan also crossed the Pacific in a small boat.

Since that time he has built another boat, a 21 foot junk rigged called Wave Rover II and is off again. I met him in Halifax, and as sailors do, I sailed out alongside on his departure...in his video leaving Halifax you will see Odyssey at about 6 min 40 seconds. We had sailed together for about an hour prior to that. He sailed straight from Halifax to Stonington Conneticuit.

Now he's headed into the Chessapeake Bay for about 4 weeks and is wondering if anyone has a dock not in use, a mooring, place to shower etc. If you know of nice places to visit, anchor etc I'm sure Alan would appreciate that as well. He's a decent dude, Ret Canadian Naval Officer. If anyone in our community would like to offer assistance you can email him at

alanbmulholland@gmail.com

I will also put a link of his You Tube Channel. I love watching his particular channel.

If that link doesn't work type in "Wave Rover Breaking News" on You Tube

If you contact him let him know Mo, on ODYSSEY, from Halifax sent you. I was telling him to let people know where he's headed so old sailors like us can meet up with him. He's doing that. This guy is the real deal.

Have a great day Folks.

Mo
    Last edited by Mo; 10-25-2023, 06:41 AM.
    Mo

"Odyssey"
    1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
    The optimist expects it to change.
    The realist adjusts the sails.
    ...Sir William Arthur Ward.
  • GregH
    Afourian MVP
    • Jun 2015

Started watching at the beginning of his last journey and love every episode! A truly great Canadian ambassador.
    Greg
    1975 Alberg 30
    sigpic

Comment

• sastanley
      Afourian MVP
      • Sep 2008

wow cool. I'll keep an eye out. He might come thru my area (mid-Chesapeake) in a week or two, depending how fast he goes.
      Last edited by sastanley; 10-25-2023, 10:54 PM.
      -Shawn
      "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
      "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
      sigpic

Comment

• Mo
        Afourian MVP
        • Jun 2007

I believe he has an AIS transponder on this one as well.
        Mo

"Odyssey"
        1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
        The optimist expects it to change.
        The realist adjusts the sails.
        ...Sir William Arthur Ward.

Comment

Working...
        X