X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave O
    • Nov 2007

Always Label the Wires

Seems I have read before that's it good idea to label the s. plug wires. Should have remembered that when I removed the distributor cap and several popped off unexpectadly.

In any case I replaced the wires in the order I think they should be, but I'm not certain. I know the order is correct ... 1,2,4,3. However, I'm not certain if I have # 1 in the correct location on the distributor cap.

Can anyone tell from this photo? The way I have installed it, #1 spark plug wire is located closest to the pully of the alternator.
    Attached Files
  • Don Moyer
    • Oct 2004

If you can confirm that the tip of the rotor lines up with the post that you are using for your number one wire, and your plug wires are in the proper sequence (which we can't tell from your photo (we can only see the fourth plug), you should be OK.

If the tip of the rotor points directly away from the block with number one cylinder at TDC (which would be more standard than toward the alternator pulley), you will have to re-orient the distributor housing so that the number one post (the one directly above the alignment mark on the breaker plate) is lined up with the tip of the rotor.

Don

Comment

Working...
    X