Method, to Madness, Overhaul question ..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JasperWindvane
    • Jan 2006

Method, to Madness, Overhaul question ..?

I am looking at a 33' boat which is for sale .. the boat is sound, deck/rig/hull.. all.. but:: the boat has an Atomic 4. As far as I know, the
    AT4 has never been overhauled, rebuilt, etc. If I purchase the boat, I
    will be leaving on a long trip up the east coast of the USA. I feel it would be in my best interest to get the engine taken out, and rebuilt, overhauled ,, before such a trip ... [ I have owned three boats with AT4's in them ].

The boat is not near my home, over a thousand miles away. Therefore, I
    must find someone proficient in engine rebuilding to go over the AT4.

I can get parts/pumps/fresh water change out/etc from Don. But the rebuild? ..

Question: how would you approach a rebuild if you were looking to get an
    AT4 overhauled by a rebuilder/overhauler etc? What questions would you ask the engine overhauler? Or rebuilder? What info would the overhauler/rebuilder need to do a through job?

In the end, I would want an engine that is overhauled/rebuilt, with a fresh water cooling system, electronic ignition, with new hoses/pumps/etc.. that has been totally gone through and is like new in appearance and running ability .. for the big trip home..

The boat and engine reside near Tampa Florida.. if that helps..

Thanks Don,, for being here.
  • adab1402
    • Mar 2007

suggestion

if money were no object i,d spring for a moyer rebuild and save the time and effort of machine shops .replacement and installation can be jobbed out just check around your area for someone with references and a track record . fair winds adab1402

Comment

• roadnsky
      Afourian MVP
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by JasperWindvane View Post
      In the end, I would want an engine that is overhauled/rebuilt, with a fresh water cooling system, electronic ignition, with new hoses/pumps/etc.. that has been totally gone through and is like new in appearance and running ability ..
      Thanks Don,, for being here.
      You've answered your own question in your post.
      HAVE DON DO IT and be done with it! End of discussion.
      -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
      sigpic
      1978 RANGER 30

Comment

Working...
      X