• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tangaroa3
    • Mar 2013

Throttle Cable

Hi all,
    I'm on the verge of getting this A4 running for the first time in some 20 years....in a boat that hasn't seen the water in just as long, so much to do.
    A friend gave me a nice, new Teleflex control cable to use as a new throttle cable (I bought the MM choke cable already).
    Problem is it is a universal cable with clamp style ends on both ends.
    Does anyone have any advise on adapting this cable to work as a panel mount without buying the $85 DC Control kit from Teleflex? Hate being on a shoe string, so always willing and prepared to get creative when need be as long as it's not too Rube Goldberg.
  • Mo
    Afourian MVP
    • Jun 2007

Not real sure of your set-up but something to consider: look to a "truck shop" such "drive products". I would imagine one made to fit perfect would cost $100 in the US...or less. They make these up for tractors, dozers, farm gear etc etc...I had one made about 7 years ago and still works perfect. They will use Stainless steel ends as well if you ask.
    Mo

"Odyssey"
    1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
    The optimist expects it to change.
    The realist adjusts the sails.
    ...Sir William Arthur Ward.

Comment

• Sony2000
      • Dec 2011

Tangaroa3, I have a 1973 complete set for sale. Morse model, throttle, gear levers, and both cables. It works well.

Comment

• tangaroa3
        • Mar 2013

Thanks Sony2000. I don't have that set up on my boat. Just a simple gear lever with choke and throttle push/pull control cables on the engine panel.
        I think I'll just end up buying the MMI panel mount throttle cable and be done with it and know I've got a simply install instead of trying to make something work.

Comment

Working...
        X