• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mighty Pearson Owner
    • Apr 2008

Checking in from Hampton VA

Hi Don!

Figured I should finally check in. I have a 1973 Pearson 30 with it's 2nd Atomic 4 in it.

The first one had some issue problems with the head in the summer of 06 right around the spark plug hole. I have an engine someone gave to me cause "one of their friends" said the block was cracked. Turns out it was just the water jacket plate.

My association with the Mighty Atomic 4 began in the 70s when my parents bought a P30 hull 117 brand new and later a Pearson 10M. I bought Stardancer in 1986 in Warwick RI and moved her to Hampton when the Navy brought me there.

I still have some of your original newsletters and other items.

I overhauled my original Atomic 4 in 2000, following your manual and parts, in fact your instructions were so good, I installed the engine, did a 1 hour dock trial and then left the next day and motor sailed to Annapolis, while it took me close to 30 hours over 2 days due to weather, the engine ran perfectly, we raced 3 days and then motor sailed back again no problems.

I hope you still have the posters of the carriers I sent you. I now work with another Atomic "2" here at a local nuclear power plant - which generates a little more than 30 HP.

I guess my hours on the "old" engine are well above 3000 as I have calculated I have put 2000 of them myself on the engine.

Thanks for all your help!
    John B.
    Stardancer
    Mighty Pearson 30 Hull 393
Working...
X