X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Overspendin'
    • Oct 2006

Rebuild manual available?

Is there a step by step rebuild manual available?
    I already have the overhaul manual (but it's at the boat).
    I may be wrong but I don't recall it going into as much detail as a full blown rebuild.
  • Marian Claire
    Afourian MVP
    • Aug 2007

If the book you have on the boat is the one from Moyer, that should cover all you need. When I had problems during the rebuild I used the tech line for help. Check some of the threads about rebuilding for some great tips. Good Luck Dan S/V Marian Claire

Comment

• Overspendin'
      • Oct 2006

Yes Dan, it's the Moyer book.
      I suppose what I'm looking for is more of an "Atomic 4 Rebuilding For Dummies"
      There seems to be quite a bit of anecdotal information on these boards that I don't remember seeing in the manual.
      Boyd at www.catalinathirty.com

Comment

• sastanley
        Afourian MVP
        • Sep 2008

Boyd...this can be your rebuild thread. Start talking, someone here has done it!
        -Shawn
        "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
        "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
        sigpic

Comment

• Overspendin'
          • Oct 2006

Hey Shawn, go to my website, on the homepage there's a link to my blog.
          On the blog, click (for a larger view) on the pic of the engine that I bought to rebuild.
          Once I get inside I'll see if I'm going to rebuild it or leave it as is.
          Previous owner said it's in pretty good condition, but you know me, if it ain't broke, fix it anyways!
          She's real purdy!
          Boyd at www.catalinathirty.com

Comment

Working...
          X