Fuel from tank to water sep filter .. blocked??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JasperWindvane
    • Jan 2006

Fuel from tank to water sep filter .. blocked??

Where to start .. I decided to replace my fuel filter, clean out the heat exchanger, put in a new impeller.. got the new filter on .. everything hooked up .. new water/fuel sep. filter .. she wont' start .. Huum... now what ..

Does not seem like she is getting fuel. So, I took off the fuel filter.. the filter had no fuel in it. That would mean the block is from the tank to the filter,, righ? Now what to do .. The fuel line [rubber hose] connects to the top of the tank .. I can see it,, barely. Could there be a problem with my fuel pump? The one I put on was in my boat, still in its box. Looked brand new. When I give it power, I can hear humming,, not the tick tick tick though.. Seems like something is happening though.. how do I check if the pump is working ?? What to do if the blockage is back at the tank? Can I put a pump on the line and pump fuel back toward the tank,, blow out the blockage?

I'm about our of my mind at this point ..

Help me .. or hang me
  • JasperWindvane
    • Jan 2006

This is a reply to myself as a way of explanation.. When I took the fuel filter off, and the filter was dry, not fuel in the filter ... I opened the valve that is just before the filter head hook up.. no fuel came out.. Is that normal? Does the fuel system need pressure for fuel to come from the tank?
    I will get a "bulb" tomorrow morning .. pump up the line from the tank to the fuel water/fuel filter. If I pump and not fuel comes out, that would mean there is a block at the tank,, right? How does one fix this? Can I pump back into the tank? I have a pump that I use for pumping oil,, and I used it to pump out some gas to check the look of the gas .. can I pump some gas back toward the tank to clean out the "pick up"?

Comment

Working...
    X