• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jarod
    • Sep 2006

Doesnt start as easily with new fuel tank

Hi All

I recently installed a new fuel tank (ericson 27)...also had to replace the hot part of the exhaust which entailed removing the exhaust manifold from the carb/motor (used new carb gasket)...this was necessary to remove the rusted exhaust flange. In any case I used to just pull out the choke with the throttle at lowest idle position and the motor would instantly fire. Afte installing the the new fuel tank...which is a bit larger and sits a bit lower than the old one....the motor requires more throttle and choke to start whereas it only required choke and no throttle before the fuel tank install...does anyone have any thoughts??? I wonder if I need a fuel pump with a higher psi now that the new tank sits a bit lower???

thanks jarod
  • Don Moyer
    • Oct 2004

Jarod,

As long as the engine starts OK and performs satisfactorily after it starts, I wouldn't worry too much over slight variations in choke and throttle techniques in the actual starting process. Deficiencies in fuel supply (pressure or volume) would show up more profoundly at high power settings.

Don

Comment

Working...
    X