• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baltimore Sailor
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2007

The things you find when poking about your engine

One of my spring projects has been to move the instruments from down near the shift levers to a new instrument panel I installed on the starboard side of the cabin bulkhead out in the cockpit.

Imagine my surprise when I pulled the tach out from it's hard-to-reach location and found that it had been set on 6-cylinder instead of 4-cylinder all this time.

Now I don't know a whole lot about how tachs work, but I'd think that being set on 6-cyl would give me a 50% less reading on the actual rpms. Does that sound right?
  • 67c&ccorv
    Afourian MVP
    • Dec 2008

Wow - great minds think alike!

1. (Top pic) The idea;
    2. (Middle pic) after a great deal of "E-baying" later the project almost completed - a little more router work and wiring and sealing of the case and she will be just about ready for mounting;
    3. (Bottom pic) the old location of the original gauges and starter switch - you can imagine the Chinese fire drill required to operate the engine while looking ahead and trying to avoid fellow boaters!

When I mount the finished product I will post a picture!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Baltimore Sailor
      Afourian MVP
      • May 2007

Dude -- photo size!

My neck hurts trying to look at those. I feel like I'm in the front row of a Cinemascope movie.

Comment

• 67c&ccorv
        Afourian MVP
        • Dec 2008

Sorry, I'll try and make them smaller next timel!

Comment

Working...
        X