Change oil through built-in pump, or through reversing gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sastanley
    Afourian MVP
    • Sep 2008

Tom Stevens

Art, just to be clear (since emotions & humor are hard to decipher on the Internet) - I do not think my friend ever implied anything ill towards Mr. Stevens (thanks for reminding me of his name.) I do not know how they know each other...my buddy Mike seems to know everybody! This discussion came up last summer while we were cruising and my friend was on board helping me diagnose the intermittent shutdown problem while in a marina in St. Michael's. (which I've now decided was a coil).

Anyway, the fact that we had an Atomic4 on my boat brought up Tom and his contributions to the A4 community. I feel that based on how my friend described Tom would also imply he has nothing but respect for him as well..."crazy" was said in a good way...sorry that didn't come out properly in my initial post.

He was great to me on the phone when I called him over a year ago to order the PCV kit.

Just wanted to make sure my comments were not misconstrued...my thoughts are with Tom for a speedy recovery also
    -Shawn
    "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
    "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
    sigpic

Comment

• Dave B
      Frequent Contributor
      • Dec 2009

Oil change through Indigo's oil filter port....

Look at my photo under my post and you will see the transfer pump I installed. It is an oil/fuel tranfer pump I found on ebay. It has about a 20 inch power lead with two alligator clamps that I simply hooked to the positive & negative leads on my starter and I was pumping oil! There are several on ebay now. Believe me...this pump does the trick! Here is one ebay item number that you can search. 360214377310

Check it out!

Dave B

Comment

• RobH2
        • Dec 2009

I can't find an oil change kit at Indigo. Do you have the link?

Thanks...
        Rob--

"Who is staring at the sea is already sailing a little."

1968 C&C Invader 36' / Late Model Atomic4
        https://www.tumblr.com/sherloch7

sigpic

Comment

• roadnsky
          Afourian MVP
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by RobH2 View Post
          I can't find an oil change kit at Indigo. Do you have the link?
          Rob-
          It isn't actually just a dedicated CHANGE kit. It's part of a filter system.
          Here's the link (http://www.atomic4.com/oilfilter.html)
          Read thru the specs and you'll see where he talks about an "EZ Drain connection".

If you just want an oil change kit, MMI sells one here on this site...

It's quick and easy to install and makes oil changes a breeze.
          -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
          sigpic
          1978 RANGER 30

Comment

Working...
          X