• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Motive140
    Frequent Contributor
    • Jun 2018

LED Lights Stay On

In my center console there’s 1 LED light that won’t shutoff. When I turn the switch off the light only dims. It has almost killed my boat battery, and even with the battery switch turned to off it stays on. With the battery switch off I can also turn the LED lights on which I know shouldn’t happen. I am just wondering what’s causing this one light to not shutoff even with the batteries turned off.
  • ndutton
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2009

Do you have an accurate wiring diagram available?
    Neil
    1977 Catalina 30
    San Pedro, California
    prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
    Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• Motive140
      Frequent Contributor
      • Jun 2018

These are what I have for wiring diagrams.
      Attached Files

Comment

• ndutton
        Afourian MVP
        • May 2009

OK, good. Can you direct us to which light is remaining on?
        Neil
        1977 Catalina 30
        San Pedro, California

Comment

• Kevinstone
          • Dec 2014

Sounds like moisture got to the light or the switch. We have had it happen several times. Takes a surprisingly small mount of power to light it A short fro
          The moisture will do it

Comment

• Motive140
            Frequent Contributor
            • Jun 2018

It’s one of the CTSY lights, the one in the center console lockable storage. It almost completely killed my boat battery in two weeks. I was able to switch over to dual batteries and get it started.

Comment

• ndutton
              Afourian MVP
              • May 2009

Is the boat new or just the engine? If the boat is new, jumping into this yourself could void the warranty so it's best to let the dealer sort it out. Otherwise, a few tests may help point you in a direction:
              • With the battery switch turned off, use a volt meter to confirm all power to the Dual Power Block shown on the right side of the Battery Wiring Harness Diagram is off, particularly the cranking battery. If not, the battery switch is defective.
              • Remove the 6 amp fuse from the cranking battery to the bilge pump (also shown on the same diagram) to see if the CTSY light goes out. If it does, there's a backfeed going on through the bilge pump circuit that needs further investigation.
              • I have a suspicion there may be something going on through the new engine which would definitely be a warranty issue. Disconnect the 14' wire from the Automatic Charging Relay (ACR) to the engine (same diagram) and see if the offending light goes out. If it does, turn it over to the Suzuki dealer.
              All of this assumes the drawings are accurate.
              Neil
              1977 Catalina 30
              San Pedro, California

Comment

Working...
              X