• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mo
    Afourian MVP
    • Jun 2007

Tks

Thanks, Bill, she's a hobby for me. If you got a little closer you'd see the flaws...heh heh. I didn`t touch the blue topsides this spring. Last year I pulled her for a day in July and shined her up....will likely do the same this year....or maybe drink her pretty!!!!
    Mo

"Odyssey"
    1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
    The optimist expects it to change.
    The realist adjusts the sails.
    ...Sir William Arthur Ward.

Comment

• ILikeRust
      Afourian MVP
      • Sep 2010

Well you don't have to get too close to mine to start seeing the flaws. Which is why I've posted pictures only from far away...
      - Bill T.
      - Richmond, VA

Relentless pursuer of lost causes

Comment

• Newenglandah
        • Mar 2012

The only issue I see with running a hose straight to the intake is that you don't know if your impeller is actually working properly. I've witnessed this problem a lot with outboards. people hook up the "dog ears" to the raw intake and assume the cooling system is working, if you pump out of a bucket, you can be sure she's cooling on her own.

Comment

• Baltimore Sailor
          Afourian MVP
          • May 2007

Started my girl up yesterday. Put in new plugs and new oil, opened the fuel valve, ran the blower for a few minutes (didn't smell anything while I was in there, but it's a good habit to keep), pulled the choke, gave her a bit of throttle and turned the key.

I quote: "R-r-r-r-r-r-VROOOOM! Purr-r-r-r-r-r-r-..."

Opened the water through-hull and watched the pink stuff pump out. Oil pressure 40. Temp went up to 180, then back down a bit, then back up, repeating, with lots of water outflow. (Bypass valve completely open.) No smoke or water vapor from the exhaust at all.

Ran her for about a half hour in forward gear at 1500 rpm. Nary a problem. Looks like I'm good to go. Always a nice feeling.

Comment

• Newenglandah
            • Mar 2012

I love it when a plan comes together...

Comment

• Mo
              Afourian MVP
              • Jun 2007

That's sounded allot like my start-up. Gotta like it. I'm launching tomorrow so definitely sailing tomorrow and this weekend.
              Mo

"Odyssey"
              1976 C&C 30 MKI

Comment

• Mo
                Afourian MVP
                • Jun 2007

Launched

Odyssey is in the water for another season. Slow going in today as there was loose sand on the ramp....the trailer wouldn't roll down the grade through it...took about 15 minutes to shovel then in no problem. I forgot to put my gear shifting handle on the binnacle...so got in the water, fired up, reached for reverse and Otherwise uneventful. Excuse the black line I put in the first photo....f'n paint...I was just moving the mouse and didn't see it go on there when that happened. Windows had a great thing with the Rt click resize...but they blew that.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Mo; 03-30-2012, 03:29 PM.
                Mo

"Odyssey"
                1976 C&C 30 MKI

Comment

• ArtJ
                  • Sep 2009

MO

Is the climate where you are similar to the North Coast of Massachusetts?

Best Regards

Art

Comment

• Mo
                    Afourian MVP
                    • Jun 2007

Art,
                    Generally speaking you guys get warmer weather but we get wind. Here in Nova Scotia the wind is just supurb during the summer...we do get fog....last 3 years were just horrendous. I figure you guys are 3 weeks ahead of us for the warm weather. There are some times when that's not always the case, but not very often. I was down in Hyannis Memorial day weekend in 2007...Hyannis had our June weather...everything looked the same though, nice coast, houses, etc.

Here's a video of todays sail....I took about 4 but this one is half fit. Have to say, warm rum and coke is actually good. I poured one and it felt warm in my mouth and " I liked it"...you know it's chilly when

PS...the boat did 6.3 kts under engine on the way back to the dock. She's a bit light, water tanks (under V-berth and on stb side) were full, gas tank full from last fall. That's the most speed I've seen under motor in this baby

[YOUTUBE]bypadXIeIf8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]p3_i1Yqav2o[/YOUTUBE]
                    Last edited by Mo; 03-30-2012, 09:32 PM.
                    Mo

"Odyssey"
                    1976 C&C 30 MKI

Comment

• ArtJ
                      • Sep 2009

Hi MO

Thanks for the information and the great videos. Hope you enjoy the season.

Actually, Hyannis, on the South side of the Cape, touches on the gulf stream and has warmer water than
                      the North side of Cape Cod. Interestingly, the tides on the South side
                      of Cape Cod average 2 to 4 ft. On the North side they average 8 to 14 ft
                      and the water is much colder. I am told the tidal difference is due to a
                      Resonance bowl between Cape Cod, the bay of Fundy and Nova Scotia.
                      In Boston we typically( this season excepted) get 80 degree weather begining
                      in late May. June can often be rainy. Midsummer can have light winds until
                      around 3pm when a Southwester usually builds up to 20 knots.

Best Regards

Art

Comment

• Mo
                        Afourian MVP
                        • Jun 2007

Docks in today....the world is right

Docks are in today a full month ahead of previous years. About 20 boats will be launched on the 25th of April and remainded on 7,8,9th of May. If we put it out there they will come.

So there she sits and if she comes out of that, without me letting her lines go, the dock will be with her.
                        Attached Files
                        Mo

"Odyssey"
                        1976 C&C 30 MKI

Comment

Working...
                        X