fuel pump wiring to oil safety switch ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

#1 Unapproved

fuel pump wiring to oil safety switch ??

ok a new boat owner with a late model a-4 i have an oil pressure switch that goes to the gauge. i have a tee for the low oil pressure alarm. according to the thread on wiring the fuel pump don says it goes thru the oil safety switch. i can't use the low oil sensor because its a normally open switch and closes when the oil pressure drops. i can't replace the oil pressure sending unit because then i won't have an oil pressure gauge. granted the low oil switch would eleminate the need for the gauge. having the gauge is

1. peace of mind.
    2. can be used as a monitor. if the pressure drops but not to the where it sets off the alarm, it would indicate that i'm developing a problem.

how many tee's can i put on the oil line? will adding another tee have any adverse effect on the other 2 sensor ?

1. is there another way to wire the fuel pump ?
    2. is there another place on the block i can install any one of the sensors ?

thanks
    happy boating
    greg
  • Don Moyer
    • Oct 2004

With two items (an alarm switch and an oil pressure sending unit) already located on the oil pressure port (presumably just behind the flywheel), it would be best to locate the oil pressure safety switch in the 1/8" pipe tap just above the oil pressure regulating valve in the fuel pump corner of the engine. This is the location that was used by Universal in the late seventies when they started to ship all their engines with electric fuel pumps.

Best regards,

Don Moyer

Comment

• eric 352
      • Dec 2004

thanks don

will go on a hunt for it. of course its on the side of the engine that's the most inaccessable......

thanks
      greg

Comment

Working...
      X