X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whynot
    • May 2006

blower exhaust

not sure if this is an appropriate post since it's not about the engine, per se. Please feel free to delete.
    Boat is '71 C&C 27 w/ orig. A4. Has two vents on transom; two exhaust hoses below cockpit. Starboard hose opening is below gas tank, goes to the one blower in boat which exhausts through starboard transom vent. Port hose open end is near engine on port side and runs straight to port transom vent. Question is whether this is standard configuration for the port vent and, if so, what function does it have? Was thinking it might serve as air intake to stir up gas fumes at bottom of port side engine compartment. If port hose has no particular function would it be helpful to T the port host into the starboard one so they both exhaust?

thanks

again, sorry if this is not appropriate for this forum

Steve
  • JimG
    • Mar 2005

My R33 is the same. The above deck fittings point opposite directions - the one with the electric blower is the exhaust and the other is the intake. Once you're underway, you can turn off the blower, since the vents direct plenty of air as appropriate.
    S/V Latis
    Brookings, OR
    Ranger 33

Comment

• whynot
      • May 2006

blower exhaust

thanks to JimG

does it matter which one of the deck fittings points fore and aft (mine are fore and aft)? Perhaps the intake should point forward to catch more air?

Comment

• Don Moyer
        • Oct 2004

Steve,

Getting your important venting system right seems like a good use of the Forum to me. Hopefully someone with a "sister ship" will check in and let you know what was standard on your boat.

Don

Comment

Working...
        X