Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alcodiesel
    • Oct 2015

The instructions said the sensor wire goes to the coil- like for gas. There was no way to see if the tach was, in fact, diesel. It all seems screwy to me.

On another tack (haha) Neil, I looked at the pics you posted of the Westsail 32. How did you ever sell her?
    Last edited by alcodiesel; 01-24-2016, 04:53 PM.
    Bill McLean
    '76 Ericson 27
    :valhalla:
    Norfolk, VA

Comment

• ndutton
      Afourian MVP
      • May 2009

Originally posted by alcodiesel View Post
      Neil, I looked at the pics you posted of the Westsail 32. How did you ever sell her?
      Easy, I had a very angry and bitter ex. She could have bought out my half of the boat or I could have bought hers. Of course, depending on who was doing the buying the value was very different, that's the sort of stuff that was going on. I figured if world cruising was really that important I could always build another, hopefully do a better job the second time around.

It turned out that remarrying and raising a family was more important to me than cruising so here we are. Kids have finished college and both are doing well, my humble vintage Catalina 30 is the right boat for me at this time in my life, big enough but not too big, easy to sail and easy to maintain. I live in a great coastal cruising area with a world class island destination 19 NM away and year 'round sailing weather. No regrets, life is good. Even a daysail is magical.

I'll tell ya though, when I found the Westsail for sale a few years ago and all the recent pictures (I had neither seen nor heard anything of her for 20+ years) it felt pretty good. The big price felt pretty good too, like twice the average Westsail 32. She has been well cared for and virtually all the design aspects I put into her have been preserved. That she was for sale in Malaysia meant she had crossed oceans as was the original intent. All good.

There's a nice 4 minute video on YouTube put together by the broker. Google Westsail 32 Aloha. Better yet, here's a link.
      Neil
      1977 Catalina 30
      San Pedro, California
      prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
      Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• tomsailmaker
        • Nov 2009

Neil Very Very nice,just as expected d

Comment

• alcodiesel
          • Oct 2015

Put in a VDO (333-192) tach this afternoon- works great. Looks like the old one except for digital hour read out.
          Bill McLean
          '76 Ericson 27
          :valhalla:
          Norfolk, VA

Comment

Working...
          X