• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JOHN COOKSON
    Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
    • Nov 2008

Weather Today 12/2/14

Low pressure system pulling subtropical moisture up into southern California where it cools, condenses, and rains.

TRUE GRIT
    Attached Files
  • capnkenny
    • Dec 2014

rain

we need about 10 of these

Comment

• Dave Neptune
      • Jan 2007

It's about time. I went for a SAIL SATURDAY AND IT WAS GEORGEOUS. I spent the day in shorts and bare-feet, however in the late afternoon I did put on a sweatshirt. Just not right when we need so much rain!!!!

Dave Neptune

Comment

• BunnyPlanet169
        • May 2010

I've already got three days on my season ski pass.
        Jeff

sigpic
        S/V Bunny Planet
        1971 Bristol 29 #169

Comment

• Mo
          Afourian MVP
          • Jun 2007

Nova Scotia: 14C (57F) here yesterday and -6 today (21 F) with 18 kts of wind from NW ...windchill old calculation: -10 °F -23°C new calculation: 5°F -15°C . Not a big deal except we took the docks out today. Had about 20 guys working with front end loader with forks lifting out the fingers and a 45 ton knuckle boom in to boom the main marinas out. We left them in a month longer this year due to repairs to pylons in the water that needed doing.

Allot of guys got cold today but kept going. I dressed for it and actually removed gear as the day wore on...have to gear up first and take off as needed. I was in charge and sent a couple home as I knew they were getting too cold. Another guy has bad knees and I knew it was wearing on him after all day...he wouldn't give up...

Tomorrow the temp is forecast to +10 C (50 F) again. Talk about locking in the equipment on an off day. Cold rain would have been much worse...no precipitation during the whole operation and that makes it all the better on this end of continent. It is what it is. Have a good evening gents...Mo is just in the door and on his second Kraken ....and I deserve it. (insert little stick man pouring back a rum here).
          Mo

"Odyssey"
          1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
          The optimist expects it to change.
          The realist adjusts the sails.
          ...Sir William Arthur Ward.

Comment

• roadnsky
            Afourian MVP
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dave Neptune View Post
            It's about time. I went for a SAIL SATURDAY AND IT WAS GEORGEOUS. I spent the day in shorts and bare-feet, however in the late afternoon I did put on a sweatshirt. Just not right when we need so much rain!!!!
            Who is GEORGE?
            Went out for an overnighter last weekend. Perfect sailing winds (12-15k)
            70's in the daylight and low 60's at night. Just a beautiful weekend.

It's raining here now and we need it.
            Next week daytime highs in the mid 60's... brrrrrrrrrrr
            Attached Files
            -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
            sigpic
            1978 RANGER 30

Comment

Working...
            X