X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • domagami
    • Feb 2006

Chicago Mechanic?

If anyone knows of an A4 mechanic in Chicago I would love to give them a try.

Thanks
  • HOTFLASH
    • Oct 2004

Chicago A4 Mechanics

Depends on what you need. I have had good help from the Renters at their yard and from Crowley's yard. Renter's just told me they have a couple of extra A4's they might scrap, unless someone wants them for parts. Crowely's has some parts too. Also try Bill "Mastercraft" who works from his van. I will get his number if you want it. I have never used him, but many have. Torrenson in Muskegon, MI present themselves as having A4 savvy.

Post your experience with whomever you use. Good luck!

Comment

• domagami
      • Feb 2006

Thanks for your reply, been a while since I checked in here.

I'm looking at doing more work myself but always good to have a backup. Recently I had some basic maintenance/winterizing done at Chicago Yacht Yard (now dba 2550 Ashland) and was not at all satisfied with them. The mechanic is solid, but the rest of service and management was not - to the point of restricting my interaction with the mechanic and refusing to provide me a list of the actual checklist they used to commission the boat. Not very good to their customers those guys...

On the other hand, I've had some very brief but good experience at South Canal St. Marina, and have also just heard of a meticulous A4 mechanic from a service by the name of Tony's Marine. I have yet to try Tony yet by my neighbor is satisfied with him.

I'm not familiar with Renters, but will check them out; same for the parts source at Crowleys.

Thanks for your help here.

Comment

Working...
      X