X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • azazzera
    • Aug 2014

Pearson fwc question.

I would like to buy Mmi fwc kit but need to now if I have enough room. My steps into the cabin are removed and engine out. Want to know if any one has a p30 with a mmi fwc kit.

Thanks az.
  • Ajax
    • Jul 2011

I own a Pearson 30.

The MMI kit is not going to fit, due to the tight fit of the galley cabinetry and the companionway steps. There is not enough clearance for the flywheel-driven pump.

We'll need to use an electric pump for the fresh water (anti-freeze) side.

Comment

• azazzera
      • Aug 2014

thank you for the reply. there is also the indigo accessory driven kit to think about. would be worried about putting extra strain an the accessory drive bearings. I have things to think about. thanks again.

Comment

• Loki9
        • Jul 2011

I went with the electric FWC pump kit from Indigo for my former P30. It worked great.
        Jeff Taylor
        Baltic 38DP

Comment

• Nauti Buoy
          • Nov 2014

I have a Pearson 323 with a Selden heat exchanger which mounts to the port side, inside of the cabinetry. Not sure how different your galley arrangement may but I have room to spare. If you dont have a fwc set up already installed as you noted previously, you'll have to somehow "drive" that pump. Electric just may be your best option.
          Last edited by Nauti Buoy; 06-14-2015, 08:00 AM. Reason: Brain cramp

Comment

Working...
          X