X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcastellitto
    • Oct 2007

Exhaust Steam - Normal

This is my first post on this website and although unfamilar with "Atomic 4" I thought I would post my question and see what I can find out. Previous looks at other threads were very detailed and informative.

I have a 1992 Sea Ray with 454's, fresh water cooled. Engines run great but give off a good amount of steam under load (I know it is steam as it dissipates 10 -15 ft behind the boat). The majority of the steam is only under load and backs off when back down to idle or around 1000 - 1200 RPMS. Both engines emit the same amount of steam and air/water temperature does not affect it.

All impellers, heat exchangers and thermostats have been cleaned and water flow is sufficient. The risers exhaust into 4" exhaust hoses and into lift mufflers. Antifreeze levels are good and I am not losing any, oil is clear.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where or what to look at? Is this normal?
  • baileyem
    • Jun 2006

steamy exhaust

It sounds like you are running well and without problems. There is always a certain amount of water vapor coming out with the exhaust. Enjoy the fact that you are running well.....but keep a weather eye out for possible problems as you have been. Awareness of what is happening and asking questions will keep you out of trouble in most situations.

Mike

Comment

Working...
    X