• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tritonlover
    • May 2009

old sailor, new member

Greetings,

I have been lovingly keeping up the family boat now since 1994. My parents bought hull #301, Pearson Triton, in 1962 and it has been in the family ever since. My father is not the mechanical type but made sure oil was changed and care was given to the early model A-4. I got my gearhead abilities from my grandfather on my mothers' side. I have kept up the old A-4 with regular maintenance and carefull additions. I installed electronic ignition many years ago and am quite pleased. New alternator (had the old generator until 2000) and a crankcase vent kit. She has only seen fresh water (Great Lakes) until last year when I trailered her to the Florida Keys. Much fun was had by all. She will splash in a couple of weeks now that the ice has finally left northern Lake Michigan.

My son is nearly 17 y/o and will likely take over the boat when I go to that mooring in the sky.
  • Marian Claire
    Afourian MVP
    • Aug 2007

Welcome from a fellow early model, 1965. Lots of good info and folks on this site. Dan S/V Marian Claire

Comment

• rigspelt
      Afourian MVP
      • May 2008

Great story.
      1974 C&C 27

Comment

• keelcooler
        • Oct 2008

My 47 y/o salt water sucking A4 is going strong,1962 Pearson Triton #336.Still riding on rails and trailing a copper monster.

Comment

Working...
        X