• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Erik
    Frequent Contributor
    • Apr 2005

Carburetor Main Passage Plug: Hard Washer

Today I noticed that there was a drop of gas hanging from the bottom of the Carburetor Main Passage Plug. What appears to be a washer seems to be damp. It also seems like the washer is made up of layers? I read in another thread that this is supposed to be a hard black washer. Can I get a new washer via Moyer Marine?

Erik
  • Don Moyer
    • Oct 2004

Erik,

We can ship you a main passage plug washer as a special order item for $3.75 plus shipping. Please call our telephone sales representative (Ken) at 610-421-4436 to work out the shipping details.

Regards,

Don
    Last edited by Administrator; 08-14-2007, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• keithems
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Don Moyer View Post
      Erik,

We can ship you a main passage plug washer as a special order item for $3.75 plus shipping. Please call our telephone sales representative (Ken) at 610-421-4436 to work out the shipping details.

Regards,

Don
      ok--so what's the plug on the underside of the carb? looks like bowl drain of some sort -- does it also take a washer or a gasket?

also...i have the mmi adjustable needle valve for the main jet....there seems to be a small lock nut as part of the assembly...however, i cannot get the needle valve to lock in position [1 turn out from full tight]...

any suggestions?
      keithems
      [1976 c&c 30 mk 1]

Comment

• ArtJ
        • Sep 2009

I believe the adjustable jet is in the spot where the main passage plug would
        be located. If you also have a bowl drain on the bottom then you may have
        one of the older style carbs. The newer ones don't have that drain anymore
        and rely on the main passage plug to purge jet and bowl.

You might want to remove the adjustable jet and clean and purge line there
        as well as drain bottom if you have a plug there as well.

Strongly suggest placing a cloth or few paper towels under both passage to prevent plug or jet from being lost forever under the engine!!
        Don't ask how I know this

Regards

Art

Comment

• sastanley
          Afourian MVP
          • Sep 2008

keithems - the bottom plug is NPT (tapered)...no washer or gasket.
          -Shawn
          "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
          "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X