X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DDO
    • Dec 2010

Water Jacket Side Plate alignment problem

I've read the stories of the nightmarish broken bolt syndrome: All 8 bolts came out just fine when I decided to finally do the replacement side plate. Yes! However, the new plate won't go on because the 8 bolts cannot all be placed, one or another is going crocked and something is "out of spec". The block side looks good and the 8 bolts fit in the threaded holes nicely (without the plate). The plate is the new replacement from Moyer. Yiks. What does this mean and how is it fixed? Letting one or two of the bolts go in slightly angled would mean cross-threading and would surely leak, isn't that right? So I need a solution, please.
  • ronstory
    Afourian MVP
    • Feb 2016

I would call the Mighty Ken at the Moyer order/support line and ask some questions. Whatever the problem is, I'm sure MMI has seen it before.
    Thanks,
    Ron
    Portland, OR

Comment

• JOHN COOKSON
      Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
      • Nov 2008

The threads on the engine are shot as result the bolts are not lining up properly. The bolts came out easy - that's a clue.
      You will have to go to studs. MMI makes a stud "kit" just for this purpose. As suggested call MMI - Ken will fix you right up.

ex TRUE GRIT
      Last edited by JOHN COOKSON; 04-12-2020, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X