• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mo
    Afourian MVP
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by phmccartney View Post
    Add to this an oil pressure drop to 15 or less after three hours, and excessive cabin fumes despite a brand new manifold and you'd be describing my engine. I just suffered my final ruined weekend because of this engine and will be repowering with a new diesel.

To address the question, heres my procedure for starting the Atomic Remove the line to the racor to make sure gas is getting out of the tank. then disconnect the line to the carb, rig a bypass switch and run the pump into a jar to see if it pumps gas. replace the fuel filter. Optionally throw out the gas in the tank and put in new. Remove the pump, take it apart, clean it and put it back. Now remove the carb. take it all apart, clean everything, put it back together and put it back on. Mop up all the gas that spilled and run the fan. It should then start. Text your wife to tell her she and the kids can turn around and come back. Repeat these steps each time you want to start the engine. Good luck.
    It would be a good thing for you to truly put some thought into the engine and the boat's systems. One thing about boats...if it's not one thing it's another. Just once getting water in diesel fuel and you will have bigger problems than you have right now...just telling you because I've had diesels for years.

Spend the time. Clean out the tank properly or put in a new one...blow out the lines, replace old lines, replace elements in filters, clean the carb and it HAS to work... that is allot of work, but it has to be done or the engine will run like crap every time it gets rough. You need to spend some time with the boat....and by the way...if you go with a new engine...it will all have to be done anyway.
    Mo

"Odyssey"
    1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
    The optimist expects it to change.
    The realist adjusts the sails.
    ...Sir William Arthur Ward.

Comment

Working...
    X