X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rko
    • Nov 2016

Where to buy a prop

I’m having trouble locating a suitable propeller. I have found the three blade prop from indigo. I also would like to see a two blade, but have been unable to locate a place that sells them.
    12x7x3/4 RH
  • Rko
    • Nov 2016

I should add that my boat is a Columbia 8.7 and like me, is built for comfort, not for speed. I’m not looking for a feathering prop or anything like that. Just a fixed two blade propeller.

Comment

• ndutton
      Afourian MVP
      • May 2009

Are you looking for new or used? Michigan Wheel/Federal Propeller is the common source (~$375.00) but it looks like their 3/4" shaft props are 11" diameter max.

We specialize in designing inboard props from 3 to 96 inches in propeller diameter for any use with government, recreational & commercial boats.
      Neil
      1977 Catalina 30
      San Pedro, California
      prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
      Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• CajunSpike
        • Jan 2018

Was digging in the cabinets on my boat and found what I suspect is the original 12x8(?) 2 blade prop that came with the boat. Not sure if it would do any good for you. I believe the boat has a folding prop on it now, so don't need this one.
        Will try to get size/pictures.
        Last edited by CajunSpike; 05-06-2018, 03:20 PM.
        Bill L.
        1972 Ericson 27
        Hull #61
        Atomic 4

Comment

• Rko
          • Nov 2016

Cajun, it will work fine. Thanks. Contact me with a price at russ.salsman@gmail.com

Comment

• Rko
            • Nov 2016

Neil, I’ll take either. Sadly, I have the boat up for sale and need to sell it with a workable prop.
            I live in Louisville and have been sailing the Ohio for 25 years. I just got tired of tacking up and down that river.

Comment

Working...
            X