X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goodoldboat
    • May 2017

Fish Blood

I went out to the boat yesterday and apparently a flock of birds ate a school
    of fish on the boat , there where fish guts and fish blood all over the deck .

The fish guts washed off the blood is another subject . I have read about many
    products on line .

What is the best product for the fish blood and while I am asking whats best for product for rust and water line grime ..

Ps I am on a mooring and Do not have access to fresh water only the salt water wash down pump .

thanks .
    S/V Gosling
    Westport CT .

“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing- as simply messing about in boats.”
    ― Kenneth Grahame
  • roadnsky
    Afourian MVP
    • Dec 2008

HYDROGEN PEROXIDE works great on fish blood.
    I keep a spray bottle handy and have used it many times.
    Doesn't harm the fiberglass and is handy when you bust your knuckles trying to get something loose on your A4 as well.
    (Had to add that to keep it on topic)
    -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
    sigpic
    1978 RANGER 30

Comment

• toddster
      • Aug 2011

A few hours beating upwind in 35 knots. At least it worked for the purple mess the birds made after the blackberries ripened.

Comment

• Nahart
        • Oct 2010

I think you could clean up a murder scene with Soft Scrub (the one that has Instant Action on it). I cleaned up stubborn mold (in the indentations in the wall that won't come clean) in the cabin by wiping this stuff directly on dry. Wait about 15 minutes and wipe off with wet towel. And it's cheap too.
        Marker Dave

"Solitaire"
        '75 Catalina 30 #65

Comment

• Administrator
          MMI Webmaster
          • Oct 2004

From a highly reputable source:

Make sure you don't get any cleaning agent including bleach on the Lexan in your ports/hatches.
          Bill
          Last edited by Administrator; 08-23-2017, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X