X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acnice
    • Aug 2023

1979 Atomic 4

At least I assume it is a 1979 as that is the boat year.

It was recently rebuilt according to the previous owner (within the past 5 years or less).
    It is still in the boat, and starts within a few seconds of pushing the ignition button but this fall I will be taking it out to convert the boat to electric as a fun project.

It seems to be in excellent condition, but I am no expert on gas motors.

It has never seen salt water, been on the great lakes and for the past ~13 years on the Ottawa river.

I am in Ottawa Canada and looking for a home, willing to ship it to anywhere.

Any reasonable offers will be accepted.

If anyone has any other ideas on how best to sell it please let me know - I haven't sold anything of this size before and only via ebay!

edit: I should also mention I am willing to take videos, post pics of whatever
    Last edited by acnice; 08-31-2023, 07:54 AM.
  • Dave Neptune
    Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
    • Jan 2007

For what it is worth, there was probably nothing wrong with reverse. Nine times out of ten when someone complains about power in reverse it is usually a new owner unaware that to engage reverse properly pressure must be maintained on the shifter handle as there is nothing that holds pressure against the reverse clutches other that the drivers hand holding against the handle.

So I would possibly drop the poor reverse comment if the above is the case.

Good luck with the electric and selling a good motor.

Dave Neptune

Comment

Working...
    X