X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clark800
    • Jun 2017

DF-100 Engine Mount Clearance Issue

My 1973 Columbia 36 originally came with an Atomic 4 and the original owner's manual shows DF-100 engine mounts in the schematics. I bought a rebuilt Atomic 4 and it looks like its flywheel casing has slightly different dimensions than the older one because the DF-100 engine mount bumps into it.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to handle this. I could just install the mount at slight angle, but I'm afraid that would make lateral adjustment of the engine difficult. Another option is grinding down the corner of the mount, but that's not ideal either. The best option is probably finding another mount that fits properly. Does anyone know of an engine mount similar to the DF-100 that would fit on the newer Atomic 4?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by clark800; 05-05-2018, 05:48 PM.
  • joe_db
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2009

I would take a grinder to the mount and/or the flywheel casing.
    Joe Della Barba
    Coquina
    C&C 35 MK I
    Maryland USA

Comment

• ndutton
      Afourian MVP
      • May 2009

Give it a slight twist, no problem but only the minimum needed.
      Neil
      1977 Catalina 30
      San Pedro, California
      prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
      Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• clark800
        • Jun 2017

Solution

Even though the manual for my Columbia 36 specifies DF-100 mounts, they don't seem fit on the pedestals in the engine compartment, so I'm not sure how they were intended to be used.

I ended up installing some white oak boards to reach the proper height and used the C&C style mounts from Moyer Marine as shown here: http://www.moyermarineforum.com/foru...7&postcount=77

Comment

Working...
        X