X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lhbradley
    • Oct 2004

Main jet cover gasket source

Does anyone know of a source for the gasket for the main jet cover? In order to drain the fuel from the card when winterizing, I loosen the main jet cover. However, the gasket is deteriorating, and I would like to have some replacements.

I can buy a main jet cover and gasket from Don, but I only need a gasket.

Thanks
    Larry Bradley
    C&C Corvette 31 "Lady Di"
    Clark's Marina
    Gananoque, ON, Canada
    in the beautiful Thousand Island
    of the St. Lawrence River
  • Dave Neptune
    Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
    • Jan 2007

Larry, it's a standard fiber type washer available in most Hardware and Parts houses. Just take the old one with you to get the right size.

Dave Neptune

Comment

• lhbradley
      • Oct 2004

Dave, the old washer is toast. I did find a Briggs and Stratton lawnmower washer, but it was very thin, and didn't last long.

I have the carb here at home, so I can actually take it with me to check the fit.
      Larry Bradley
      Clark's Marina
      Gananoque, ON, Canada

Comment

• 67c&ccorv
        Afourian MVP
        • Dec 2008

Larry - why don't you just drain the fuel from the float bowl using the drain plug?

Comment

• sastanley
          Afourian MVP
          • Sep 2008

lhbradley, I've used a Briggs & Stratton washer (from my push lawnmower) with great success. It looks to be the same quality as the Moyer issued one.

I have the part number at home..will try to remember to post it up here.

edit - Elizabeth and I discussed this very subject this past spring...check out this post..B&S # 271716 is the one I am using --> http://www.moyermarine.com/forums/sh...12&postcount=8
          Last edited by sastanley; 10-06-2014, 09:33 AM.
          -Shawn
          "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
          "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
          sigpic

Comment

• lhbradley
            • Oct 2004

Drain plug? My carb doesn't HAVE a drain plug. I was actually thinking about putting one in myself, since the main jet cover is hard to get at.

And yes, the Briggs and Stratton washers are the right size, but are not a thick as the originals. I was thinking of using two at a time.
            Larry Bradley
            Clark's Marina
            Gananoque, ON, Canada

Comment

• sastanley
              Afourian MVP
              • Sep 2008

Larry, apparently some carbs have a separate drain plug on the underside of the float bowl. I have three carbs, and I think only one of them has a drain plug.
              -Shawn
              "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
              "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
              sigpic

Comment

• 67c&ccorv
                Afourian MVP
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by lhbradley View Post
                Drain plug? My carb doesn't HAVE a drain plug. I was actually thinking about putting one in myself, since the main jet cover is hard to get at.

And yes, the Briggs and Stratton washers are the right size, but are not a thick as the originals. I was thinking of using two at a time.
                Do you have the original early model A4 in Lady Di?

Comment

Working...
                X