X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    • Jul 2005

Mmo

I recently installed a used A4 on my Pearson 10M. I have installed electronic ignition, an electric fuel pump, and have cleaned the carb. I engine starts easily and appears to run flawlessly. The only issue I have left is a small amount of smoke at the exhaust. Since the enigne runs well I was wondering if the smoke could be from the MMO that I add to the gas? I'm adding about 6 oz. per 5 gallons of gas which is about 1.5 times the amount stated on the MMO bottle.
    Pearson 10M
    Gloucester, Va
  • Don Moyer
    • Oct 2004

Tim,

Universal engineers used to tell me that there's virtually no down side to the use of MMO in an Atomic 4. If you have any concerns over sticky valves, the same engineers used to say to slowly increase the recipe of MMO from the 4 ounces per 10 gallons stated on the container, until you see a slight bit of smoke coming out of the exhaust (usually if you exceed 10 ounces or so per 10 gallons), then back off a bit on the MMO. You may be at that point.

Don

Comment

• Tim
      • Jul 2005

Thanks Don. I'll back off on the MMO and see if the smoke goes away.
      Pearson 10M
      Gloucester, Va

Comment

• dvdcnl
        Frequent Contributor
        • Nov 2004

mmo

My a4 in a 65 Columbia 29 has been fresh water cooled from new. I was told when buying the boat that the engine had less than 300 hrs because it was sailed off of a mooring. It starts and runs good. The temp gage reads around 180 when motoring. Since it runs that hot, do I need to add mmo to the gas?

Thanks,

David

Comment

Working...
        X