Oil Safety Switch (3wire) wiring connections/ replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oldlaxer1
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by ndutton View Post
    Whether you keep this switch or replace it, those quick connect terminals are bad form. They risk loosening over time making the connection unreliable. Screws with star lock washers holding closed ring terminals are ABYC compliant.
    They (whoever they are) say you learn something new each day. I had no idea about the terminals. Thanks Neil
    John Novotny
    1973 Tartan 30 #186
    Baltimore, MD

Comment

• sglazebrook
      • Mar 2013

Common switches I've seen are labeled:

I = Ignition switch
      S = Starter
      P = Pump
      Scott

Comment

• joe_db
        Afourian MVP
        • May 2009

Originally posted by sglazebrook View Post
        Common switches I've seen are labeled:

I = Ignition switch
        S = Starter
        P = Pump
        That is this kind:
        Joe Della Barba
        Coquina
        C&C 35 MK I
        Maryland USA

Comment

• Ken Rockwell
          • May 2017

I wouldn't mind powering up the fuel pump if it was fuel injected but, my engine runs without a fuel pump, and there's quite a bit of fuel in the carb. It just makes me nervous. Especially since the pressure switch is already at zero. Now you're going to wait longer for it to shut down.

Comment

• DaveMac
            Frequent Contributor
            • Feb 2017

Made it back down to the water yesterday: new coil, ignitor, and checked #1 cylinder at TDC. She fired up on the first crank, runs smoother than I can recall. I still have the OPSS jumped out, will sort that out this week. The new one I picked up is labelled I/S/P, will just confirm with the fluke that those contacts make sense.

Once that is sorted out, I will go back to complete the acid wash and pressure flush which started this whole journey. I'll post the results later this weekend, thank you all for the help in sorting this out!

Comment

Working...
            X