• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marthur
    Afourian MVP
    • Dec 2004

Atomic 4 Motor plus spares

Going Diesel! Because I am buying a diesel equipped boat and selling my A-4 equipped boat, I am selling my spare, running Atomic 4. This is a motor we had “in case” anything ever happened to the on-board motor. Nothing did, and this one is ready to drop in and go.

This motor was taken out of a boat in the 1970s as part of a diesel conversion. It was in good shape, but had some deferred maintenance. Since then, I’m the third guy to own it without installing it. I carefully went over the motor and prepped it to be a drop-in replacement, ready to go so that we never would have to miss any of the sailing season due to a motor issue. I’ve bought and sold a number of A-4s since I bought this one, but always kept this as our spare because it’s always been the best.

Here are the details:

• Running motor with good compression.
    • Motor is complete early model.
    • Comes with spares: distributor, water pump, accessory drive.
    • Dole thermostat housing in good condition included, but no thermostat.
    • Extra distributor is equipped with indigo electronic ignition (distributor in the motor has breaker points).
    • Starting handle.

Everything included: $750

Located in Grand Rapids Michigan.
    I can drive a couple of hours to meet you.
    EMAIL ME: then I will get your message on my phone
    zephyr4 at comcast dot net

Note: If you prefer the late model configuration or want to convert to freshwater cooling, my separate parts listing includes a late model head (already milled and ready to install) and a heat exchanger in good condition.
    Last edited by marthur; 12-25-2016, 01:46 PM.
    Mike
  • marthur
    Afourian MVP
    • Dec 2004

Motor is sold!
    Mike

Comment

Working...
    X