X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goodrotties
    • Aug 2011

paint

Not enough space in my Ericson 32 engine room for a spray can application and I'm interested in incremental paint replacement--when I remove the carburetor, I want to paint the block behind it with a throw-away brush. Does anyone know of a brush-on paint that is the same or close to the A4 bronze? I saw a Rustoleum hammer finish copper paint at Home Depot, spray can lid looks close, quart can label looks way off. Anyone tried either of these? Thanks for any suggestions.

Chris Packard
  • sastanley
    Afourian MVP
    • Sep 2008

Chris, The hammered copper Rustoleum is more gold in color. Both Neil and I are using that color. I would call the Universal bronze "brown" in comparison.

I tried a more orange spray paint from Duplicolor a couple of years ago that I thought was close, but a little brighter..It was really pretty, but it came in the little cans and was $$, & the auto stores were having to special order it. The hammered copper is available at any Home Depot or Lowe's, etc..

I also did mine in stages..If you go check out my album, it documents most of it pretty well. I took off all the removable components (carb, fuel pump, water pump, alternator, starter, etc.) and did them in the garage..all that was left was the block/head/manifold in the boat.

First pic is the Orange Mist I used a few years ago & last two are the Hammered Copper from 2010-2011 (with still some Orange parts)

Compare that to the Universal bronze on the Moyer home page when you look at the "panoramic engine" pics.

Attached Files
    -Shawn
    "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
    "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X