• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Administrator
    MMI Webmaster
    • Oct 2004

One Hundred Thousand!

A few minutes ago, the one hundred thousandth post was published on our forum. Our thanks to all those (particularly, our MVP's) for all they've done to make this such a wonderful source of information, and camaraderie, for so many.

In a couple of weeks, we'll be cerebrating the forum's 12th anniversary.

Bill
  • Don Moyer
    • Oct 2004

one hundred thousandth post!

Congratulations and a big thank you to you, Bill, and to all the faithful Forum members who give so generously of their time and talent. I have made the point several times over the years that the information made available through the Forum has not only been a major factor in extending the useful life of the Atomic 4; it has awakened an important human instinct to mess with, and think creatively about mechanical things. I have no doubt that more than a few mechanical engineers will emerge from the grandkids (OK, and great grandkids) who have been looking over your shoulders as you struggle to maintain your Atomic 4 in pristine condition. Where else will they have such an opportunity? Don

Comment

• roadnsky
      Afourian MVP
      • Dec 2008

Kudos to the MMI Family and Don!
      Special thanks to Bill for such a welcoming and well designed forum and site.

My sailing life would be nowhere near as smooth without you guys.

TWELVE YEARS! My how the years go by...
      -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
      sigpic
      1978 RANGER 30

Comment

• TomG
        Afourian MVP Emeritus
        • Nov 2010

I frequent many forums covering everything from aviation to turning wood to submersible robotics. All of the forums are filled with passionate people, but none of them come close to the utility and especially the camaraderie of the MMI Atomic 4 Community. Thank you all to the experts who post so frequently, eloquently, and passionately not only about the A-4, but all things related to "messing about in boats." Thanks to Don for his wisdom and for allowing this forum to co-exist with MMI's business site. I also offer unqualified thanks and appreciation to Bill for being such a wise and kind shepherd of this amazing flock.
        Tom
        "Patina"
        1977 Tartan 30
        Repowered with MMI A-4 2008

Comment

• BunnyPlanet169
          Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
          • May 2010

It seems to me that after 12 years and 100,000 posts, Don should have earned some sort of honorarium in his header.

Thanks for the resource to learn from, and the opportunity to contribute!
          Attached Files
          Jeff

sigpic
          S/V Bunny Planet
          1971 Bristol 29 #169

Comment

• capnward
            Afourian MVP
            • Aug 2012

Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Forum does good work!

I make a small summer income, and have a lot of fun, from a well-running Atomic-4, thanks to you guys. Unlike diesel engines which need to run at high rpm to stay healthy, the A4 can purr along at low speeds all day with no ill effects. The lack of noise and diesel smell make for a better boating experience. Easily worth the additional money I spend on a half-gallon more per hour. My business is taking people sailing in what is usually a light wind area, and I have to keep to a schedule, so it's the little cast-iron workhorse in the bottom of the boat that makes it possible. This forum, and the Moyer company, have my heartfelt gratitude.
            Well Done, and Congratulations!

Comment

• sastanley
              Afourian MVP
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by BunnyPlanet169 View Post
              It seems to me that after 12 years and 100,000 posts, Don should have earned some sort of honorarium in his header.

Thanks for the resource to learn from, and the opportunity to contribute!
              I was thinking "Supreme Commander" but yours is even more grand! Where would we all be without this forum?
              -Shawn
              "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
              "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
              sigpic

Comment

• ndutton
                Afourian MVP
                • May 2009

Congratulations to the MMI family on this milestone. Particularly rewarding is the high quality of the forum content.
                Neil
                1977 Catalina 30
                San Pedro, California
                prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
                Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• Hymodyne
                  • Feb 2013

This is indeed fantastic site.
                  congratulations to all involved with it and those who utilize it.
                  James

Comment

• joe_db
                    Afourian MVP
                    • May 2009

Thanks X 100,000!
                    This forum is one of the best I have been on.
                    Not just the forum - Some years ago I had a bad carb and Moyer had a replacement to me within 2 days and I was on my way
                    Joe Della Barba
                    Coquina
                    C&C 35 MK I
                    Maryland USA

Comment

• 67c&ccorv
                      Afourian MVP
                      • Dec 2008

Congratulations MMI!

I wish there was an MMI website for these!

Attached Files
                      Last edited by 67c&ccorv; 09-22-2016, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• joe_db
                        Afourian MVP
                        • May 2009

#1 hint - check the oil prior to EVERY trip and if you ever GAIN oil - STOP
                        That means water is infiltrating through the gaskets somehow into the engine. I learned this one the hard way My craptastic Mercruiser engine was so bad I could drain 2 quarts of water out of it before starting it
                        Joe Della Barba
                        Coquina
                        C&C 35 MK I
                        Maryland USA

Comment

Working...
                        X