X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bgilbert
    • Jun 2009

Throttle Assembly / Handle

Tried to replace the throttle cable on my A4 with the Moyer replacement cable, but it is not compatible with my current throttle assembly (manufacturer is "Nagura" I think). Need ideas for replacement as the current setup does not operate carb effectivley...........the current cable is more of a choke cable w/very thin cable (see pic) and cannot return the throttle arm to idle (i.e. I have to manually push the throttle arm at the engine to get back to idle because the cable is not strong / rigid enough to return to idle).

Any thoughts? I didn't take a pic w/panel off the throttle handle, but the throttle cable / wire goes through the bolt and is connected to the handle with a set screw.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Administrator; 07-15-2009, 09:25 AM. Reason: Resized images...
  • knitchie
    • Jun 2007

Thottle Assembly / Handle

Teleflex bought Morse a while back. They sell lots of throttle and transmission cables and assemblies, so you might find something from them. I've received good support fom the folks at Hamilton Marine when I was looking for the right cable for my application. But, there are several other suppliers of Teleflex/Morse products that you'll find when you Google the name.

Ken - Obsession
    '78 C30 TRBS - #0973
    Lake Champlain, VT

Comment

• 67c&ccorv
      Afourian MVP
      • Dec 2008

That is a "Magura" throttle assembly. They are a very well respected manufacturer of motorcycle throttle, brake and clutch controls...looks like they also do boats.

Unless a PO added that one during a previous rebuild.

Comment

• pallen58
        • Oct 2009

Throttle shaft connection

I installed a new carb this weekend, twice. The reason is that my throttle cable seems to work opposite from how the throttle shaft works. I have a 78 Ericson 29. When you push the throttle handle forward the throttle cable goes forward. When you pull shift handle back the cable moves back. After I installed the new carb I discovered that the throttle cable did not match up to the carb and that it worked backwards. I checked 3 other boats with A4s in the marina. All 3 have levers that when pushed forward the cable is pulled back and and when pulled back the cable goes forward which works perfectly with how the carb throttle arm is set up. I got my old throttle shaft and noticed that the one of the POs had welded a bracket to the bottom of the arm. I installed that on my new carb. The result is it works really well. Is this a standard configuration to the E29 or am I missing something in my throttle linkage at the pedestal?
        I guess so long as it is working I am fine. I can't see that the shaft would ever wear out. Any thoughts on if I should look for some other fix?
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X