X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sailor1313
    • Aug 2005

shifter cable

My shifter cable has a cracked outer cover and is becoming increasingly difficult to use. Does anyone know where to find a replacement cable?
  • Tim
    • Jul 2005

Shoreway Marine in New Jersey is a big distributor of Teleflex cables. They also have the best prices that I could find. http://www.shorewaymarine.com/
    Pearson 10M
    Gloucester, Va

Comment

• mingamells
      • Apr 2005

Shift Cable

What is the correct cable? Morse 64 series?

Comment

• Don Moyer
        • Oct 2004

It's my understanding that Morse is no longer in business. I'm not sure how current this information is from my desktop file, but until someone else responds with better, here it is:

"There are two sources reported to us which have worked for customers in the past. Of the two, the Cable Craft company seems to be getting the most enthusiastic nod. Here are the references, starting with an actual testimonial for Cable Craft:

"I had new marine grade (SS steel ends, SS support tubes and SS inner armor), throttle and shifter cables made to order while I waited at my local Cable Craft distributor, California Push-Pull. It took 20 minutes, and cost $85 for the shifter, $38 for the throttle. Get in touch with CableCraft.com and ask them if there's a local distributor. If there isn't one near you, contact California Push-Pull, 510-352-4061. He makes boat cables for the local boatyards and owners. He's known for good quality cables at very good prices, and same day service."

The second source is Tele-Flex Mechanical. This is the company that bought the Morse firm some time ago. Their number is: 1 (610) 495-7011, and our understanding is that the model that works with most Atomic 4 applications is Type 8400, IGN CC 693XX. They supposedly have good customer service to assist you in getting the correct model.

Don

Comment

• Greg
          • Nov 2008

Shifter cable

In researching shifter cables I found the following. The original for my Ericson 32 was a Morse 64C-10 feet long. The 64 is a heavy cable with 5/16" ends.

I was told the "6" is the 5/16" cable. The "4" is 4" travel and the "C" denotes a clamp style end .. as opposed to a bulkhead type mount.

I ended up having one made by Sealand Power Distributors www.sealandpower.com. They were very helpful. It ran $117- plus shipping.

I had heard of folks using a bit lighter cable with 1/4" ends but shyed away. It's one of the many last things I want failing.

Regards, Greg
          Attached Files
          Greg
          Ericson 32
          Sirena
          Point Richmond
          SF Bay

Comment

• knitchie
            • Jun 2007

shifter cable

Just replaced mine with a Teleflex cable from Hamilton Marine in Maine. Great service, took the time to make sure I was ordering the right cable, had it drop shipped when they didn't have it in stock. For my Catalina 30 it was a CC69217 with a bulkhead mount.

I replaced choke, shift and throttle cables this spring. None of these have ever been as smooth as they are right now.

Fair winds,
            Ken - Obsession
            '78 Catalina 30 TRBS
            Lake Champlain, VT

Comment

Working...
            X