• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sewalker
    • Oct 2004

Oil Pressure Adjustment

Hello,
    I purchased an oil pressure regulating kit from Moyer a year ago but am having a problem with total replacement. I replaced the spring but the original ball that regulates the pressure I have been unable to take out and replace with the cone shaped piece. The ball was wedged tightly, I assume due to sludge buildup, but I was able to work it free. I have never been able to extract it even though I am now able to adjust the pressure. I agree and believe that the new attachment should better regulate the oil pressure as now the pressure does pulsate quite a bit over various temperatures and rpm. Are there any suggestions as to how to extract the ball?
    Thanks,
    Stan
  • WestDock
    • Oct 2004

Stan,

I had a similar problem getting the ball out. I tried a strong pencil magnet at first, but then resorted to kicking the engine over a few times (raw water intake closed of course) and the ball rolled out.

Once I installed the new (earlier style) regulating kit I was able to adjust to a steady 40PSI.

Good luck

Regards,
    B

Originally posted by sewalker
    Hello,
    I purchased an oil pressure regulating kit from Moyer a year ago but am having a problem with total replacement. I replaced the spring but the original ball that regulates the pressure I have been unable to take out and replace with the cone shaped piece. The ball was wedged tightly, I assume due to sludge buildup, but I was able to work it free. I have never been able to extract it even though I am now able to adjust the pressure. I agree and believe that the new attachment should better regulate the oil pressure as now the pressure does pulsate quite a bit over various temperatures and rpm. Are there any suggestions as to how to extract the ball?
    Thanks,
    Stan

Comment

• sewalker
      • Oct 2004

Thanks B,
      I will try your suggestion.

Stan

Comment

Working...
      X