X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vermonstah
    • Jan 2014

Another grateful member

Just wanted to give a shout out to all on this forum - it has been tremendously useful to me.

New to sailing and marine engines, two years ago, I bought a 1971 C&C 27 MK I (Hull number 45). The boat was in good condition but according to PO, had been on the hard for at least two years, likely more.

I immediately had an overheating issue due to obstructions in the cooling system, and later had to replace the head gasket. I will get into more details on those experiences in subsequent postings, but suffice to say, this forum has been invaluable to me.

And lastly, a special shout out to Don and Ken of Moyer. They have provided an unsurpassed level of service. Truly the best. For all new A4 owners, get the Moyer manual - it is worth at least 5 times what you will pay for it. And please consider purchasing all your A4 parts from Moyer - Moyer provides an irreplaceable service to the fleet of boats still running A4s.
  • lat 64
    Afourian MVP
    • Oct 2008

Welcome!

It's all true here. Real people, real data, and real service.

Russ
    sigpic Whiskeyjack a '68 Columbia 36 rebuilt A-4 with 2:1

"Since when is napping doing nothing?"

Comment

• JOHN COOKSON
      Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by lat 64 View Post
      Welcome!
      It's all true here. Real people, real data, and real service.
      Russ
      And the price is right.!

TRUE GRIT

Comment

• Dave Neptune
        Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
        • Jan 2007

Thanx A-4 guy

Welcome to the MMI Forum Vermonstah, well said.

For myself I would like to offer thanx for acknowledging those on the forum who really enjoy the mental tinkering of getting newbie A-4 caretakers away from poor mechanics more interested in a sale than a repair. It does make my time feel well spent assisting when I can.

Fair winds! _/) _/)
        Dave Neptune

Comment

Working...
        X