X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rbyham
    • Jan 2013

relocating grease cap

I have both the water pump grease cap and one exactly like it on my stuffing box. Would love to make both more accessible. Is there some sort of standard extension piece that would let me extend them into cabin or cockpit locker?
  • Loki9
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Rbyham View Post
    I have both the water pump grease cap and one exactly like it on my stuffing box. Would love to make both more accessible. Is there some sort of standard extension piece that would let me extend them into cabin or cockpit locker?
    You bet! And better than you imagined.

Jeff Taylor
    Baltic 38DP

Comment

• Rbyham
      • Jan 2013

Thanks Loki. Should have thought of Moyer. But looking at the pic what is all that at the end of the able. Almost looks like a complete water pump. I was picturing more a female end that would screw on in place of original cap.

Comment

• tenders
        Afourian MVP
        • May 2007

That pic does show the whole water pump. The actual kit is the grease gun, grease, grease-carrying cable, and fitting to attach to the pump - not the pump. The grease gun detaches from a zerk fitting when not in use.

Moyer might be able to make you up a extra set of cables and fittings for your stuffing box. You could run both to a convenient place in the engine compartment and give 'em a squirt with the gun at the same time. I don't think it's wise to try to connect them to the same line so one squirt hits both fittings.

Comment

• Dromo
          • Mar 2008

I never heard of a grease cup on a stuffing box .
          I'd be concerned about that.
          Rick

Comment

• tenders
            Afourian MVP
            • May 2007

I'm guessing he's referring to some kind of rudder post lubrication system above the water line. A prop shaft stuffing box below the waterline shouldn't have anything resembling a grease cup or zerk fitting, obviously.

Comment

Working...
            X