X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hymodyne
    • Feb 2013

OPSS information

what is the name of the manufatcurer and part number for the OPSS recommemded for our engines?
  • roadnsky
    Afourian MVP
    • Dec 2008

It's here...

Attached Files
    -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
    sigpic
    1978 RANGER 30

Comment

• Loki9
      • Jul 2011

It's likely a Cole-Hersey part. I don't know the P/N, but it shouldn't be hard to find a normally open pressure switch with 1/8" NPT threads activating around 6psi.
      Jeff Taylor
      Baltic 38DP

Comment

• BunnyPlanet169
        Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
        • May 2010

It's not the engine so much as the application - a fail safe for de-energizing an electric fuel pump when the engine isn't running.

It may well be CH, but it's a bit more effort to make sure it's a two-bladed, sealed contact, NO, ignition protected, oil compatible, 6psi switch that is known to work and fit in the application.

That's worth something.

MMI has packaged it with the elbow you'll probably want. The fuel pump kit comes with that and a lot more, including well written instructions.
        Jeff

sigpic
        S/V Bunny Planet
        1971 Bristol 29 #169

Comment

• JOHN COOKSON
          Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
          • Nov 2008

Emergency OPSS Bypass

I cut a little thin piece of metal maybe 1/4"X3/4" that I keep in a small plastic bag in my tool box on the boat.
          If the OPSS ever packs in or I need to trouble shoot I can pull the push on fittings off the OPSS and insert the piece of metal between them, wrap it with a piece of tape and I'll be in business.

TRUE GRIT

Comment

Working...
          X