• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • romantic comedy
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2007

where to post pictures/blog?

I see guys post links to their sites and blogs with lots of boat pictures.

I would like to have a similar site for my boring boat pictures that I can link, just in case someone has interest in my pictures and projects.

Any advise on this, please.

(I dont want to bore you or use up Don's space)
  • lat 64
    Afourian MVP
    • Oct 2008

If you choose to join the Borg, you can get a free blog space on Google. They also have some web page templates that are way better than a hack like me could do back in the day.
    You just need to sign up for a free google e-mail account and the rest is available under the same login.
    Might want to engage a college student to assist if you are uncomfortable.

I am reluctant to go Facebook as I can get pretty lippy after dark. Remember, what goes on the web, STAYS on the web.

Russ
    sigpic Whiskeyjack a '68 Columbia 36 rebuilt A-4 with 2:1

"Since when is napping doing nothing?"

Comment

• The Garbone
      • Dec 2013

I use WordPress, my free space is not even a quarter full after quite a few years of posting. Since Jan 2013, bought our first boat in November of 2012.

My Blog <======

I do like blogging more for myself, if others read it fine but mehhh. I do think it gets easier over time.
      Last edited by The Garbone; 04-13-2017, 12:29 PM.
      Gary
      78' Catalina 30 #1179
      www.svknotaclew.wordpress.com

Comment

• romantic comedy
        Afourian MVP
        • May 2007

I will check it out. Thanks guys.

Russ, FB get too religious and political. We avoid that here, thankfully.
        Last edited by romantic comedy; 04-15-2017, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Al Schober
          Afourian MVP
          • Jul 2009

The Admiral and I have a web page: marenal.net - hosted by iPage.
          First thing you need is a domain name - about $12/yr.
          Once you have that, you can find a site to host it - costs vary depending on the site (and features). I think we're paying about $12/mo with iPage.
          I do all my own content with Notepad. There are 'fancy' web editing tools, sometimes free from the host site. Whatever floats your boat.

Comment

• toddster
            • Aug 2011

For years, I've used Photobucket to host photos that I want to link to. However, PB free accounts come with a hyoooge overhead of animated ads and daily spam messages. It's gotten so bad that my (admittedly ten year-old) computer takes about half an hour to log on, upload, and link a photo.

One day, while waiting for Photobucket to log on, I researched alternatives, created a new account, uploaded my photos, and linked to my forum posts. I still had time to go do something in the shop before Photobucket got done waiting for all the ad servers. However, I've lost that other account :roll eyes:

I do have some paid domains that I own. But I only use a couple of them for business. The rest are just parked on speculation. I haven't used any for personal use. It's not terribly expensive to "own" your own web site. That is, "rent" space on someone else's servers. But it's hard to beat "free."

Comment

Working...
            X