• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SimonP
    • Jun 2006

Clarification on fuses etc, re Don's faq and pdf

Hello,
    I found two documents refering to fuses and wiring, the 'The Wire and Fuze sizing' pdf adn the 'Fire from unfused electrical circuits' sheet. I need some clarification because my motor doesn't exactly conform to these notes.

1. The Wire and Fuze sizing pdf recommends a 40 amp fues between 'main battery post on solenoid to Batt terminal on IGN switch.' My line from the battery post of the solenoid does not go to the ign switch but ...to main switch (?). I'm assuming put the fuse on that line, close to the solenoid?

2. 5 amp from +ve terminal of coil to fuel pump. I have an oil pressure switch in that line. I assume most motors do, but the notes do not refer to it. Put it on the fuel pump side of the oil pressure switch, or the coil side? (I've removed the line from the solenoid to the oil pressure switch, as per Don's advice: (03-12-2007, 06:03 PM, Wiring of Oil Pressure Safety Switch). I believe the oil presure switch is a simple spst switch, so it is not 'polarised in any way? Is this true? (I just received a new oil pressure switch from Moyer, but it had no diagram).
    thanks!
  • Kelly
    Afourian MVP
    • Oct 2004

I recall Don mentioning that the wiring on the oil pressure switch is not critical- you can put the incoming 12v on either side, with the outgoing on the opposite side.

Kelly
    Kelly

1964 Cheoy Lee Bermuda Ketch, Wind and Atomic powered

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X