X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rando1201
    • Apr 2020

V Drive & Exhaust

Hello, I have a direct drive exhaust, came with a motor i bought and its parts box. It clearly wont work. Can i just build my own with a couple of 90 degree elbows to get the exhaust heading aft?
  • Dave Neptune
    Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
    • Jan 2007

Yes, a couple of "black iron" elbows should do fine. Just don't inject the water to close. Galvanized can cause nasty gasses as the galvanize (zinc) burns off.

Dave Neptune

Comment

• edwardc
      Afourian MVP
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Rando1201 View Post
      Hello, I have a direct drive exhaust, came with a motor i bought and its parts box. It clearly wont work. Can i just build my own with a couple of 90 degree elbows to get the exhaust heading aft?

Just as a note, the Moyer manifold is "Ambidextrous". It has ports on both ends, and comes with a close-off plate that will fit on either end, so it can be installed on either direct-drive or V-drive systems.
      @(^.^)@ Ed
      1977 Pearson P-323 "Dolce Vita"
      with rebuilt Atomic-4

sigpic

Comment

• Rando1201
        • Apr 2020

Originally posted by edwardc View Post
        Just as a note, the Moyer manifold is "Ambidextrous". It has ports on both ends, and comes with a close-off plate that will fit on either end, so it can be installed on either direct-drive or V-drive systems.
        Great info explains alot. Glad I didn't build the exhaust the way I originally thought bending back around the engine lol.

Comment

• Rando1201
          • Apr 2020

I got it right on there with the boats current exhaust system. Thanks guys, slapped it right on there.

Comment

Working...
          X