X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marian Claire
    Afourian MVP
    • Aug 2007

I had a similar problem a few years ago. The cable ends were attached firmly but the sheath had ruptured allowing the cable to bulge out. A new cable was my only recourse. Dan S/V Marian Claire

Comment

• Jim Booth
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Delphis View Post
      Rob,

I believe I have the unit that Jim described, the MJB knock off. , I couldn't see spending double that either!

Well this thread brings back bad old memories . I assume you got yours installed and had some time to use it. I think mine "lasted" about one and a half seasons before the inner pieces rubbed the plating off and rusted. It was a mess. Make sure you keep it greased. I eventually found a used original control on ebay. This one is all bronze instead of aluminum. I don't know how old it is but it still works like it should.

Catalinadirect dot com offers the heavy duty all bronze controls for less than I remember from West Marine. I just looked and it's $449. They also have an atomic 4 retrofit kit for pedestal mount for $374. Maybe it could be adapted for bulkhead mount, but probably not worth the work. It has stainless steel handles in an aluminum body.

Good luck with yours, and let us know how it works out as time goes by.

Jim

Comment

Working...
      X