X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derek Hewson
    • Apr 2005

One of Don's A4 exchange motors

I have been wanting for some time now to express my experiences with one of Dons Motors.

I purchased this MM A4 from a guy that had it sitting in his garage for more than 5 years, so I had some trepidation. After the install I had a great deal of anxiety dealing with shaft alignment but finally got it dialed in.

Now that I have fully broken in this motor (three trips to Catalina) I have to say that I am simply thrilled every time I run it. Perhaps I had no idea how "anemic" my original motor was but I have to say that I never imagined that Dons motor would run THIS good!

For one thing, I can motor at full hull speed all the way to Catalina without the temp even approaching 155 deg max. The other thing is that it is so very quite, smooth and seems to have far better fuel economy than my last. (29 miles on 6 gallons at 3/4 throttle.)

I used to look at the expense of one of Dons rebuilds and think that I could never justify it. But now, I wish I had done it a long time ago. Its like having a brand new boat!

Cheers Don...Well done,...VERY well done!

Derek Hewson
  • roadnsky
    Afourian MVP
    • Dec 2008

Nice report Dereck.
    We like to hear good news around here once in a while!
    -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
    sigpic
    1978 RANGER 30

Comment

Working...
    X