X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Theo Lewis
    • Jan 2021

Complete A4 w/ V-Drive

Good evening Afourians. Passing this on in the event anyone is looking for (another) project in the Seattle area. This is not mine but is tempting, needing one with the regular reverse gear anyway plus the Admiral denied my request. This one looks to be complete and to have had some interesting parts when running. It also looks like someone dipped it in saltwater then left it outside?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/b...498983638.html https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/b...498983638.html
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Theo Lewis; 06-22-2022, 01:00 AM. Reason: Misspoke
  • Mo
    Afourian MVP
    • Jun 2007

Can't be discussing acquisitions such as pictured with the Admiral. They think they have a budget. I'm down to 4 and 2 partials in my garage right now. I have one duty ready backup runner and one brand new rebuild that needs a head gasket the head put on, then it's good to go. 2 more that are complete except for water-pump and alternators. Besides that I have 2 partials that I've donated parts off to friends. I could make one out of those if pushed.

Snatch up everything you see coming your way.
    Mo

"Odyssey"
    1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
    The optimist expects it to change.
    The realist adjusts the sails.
    ...Sir William Arthur Ward.

Comment

• Al Schober
      Afourian MVP
      • Jul 2009

That UniMite is a much bigger engine that the Atomic 4. 141 cu in, 70 HP!

Comment

• tenders
        Afourian MVP
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Al Schober View Post
        That UniMite is a much bigger engine that the Atomic 4. 141 cu in, 70 HP!
        Yes, an awful lot of variables in that engine to risk compatibility with anything on an A4…including and especially the V-drive.

My A4 does however have the same mesh electrical cable that is draped over the Craigslist engine. It connects the two negative terminals on the batteries and is a real throwback to the 1960’s engineering with which my boat was built (and probably farther back than that).

Comment

Working...
        X