Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Discussion Topics > The Wish List

#26   IP: 24.224.206.117
Old 03-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Afourian MVP

Wink

OS
I've used ebay quiet a few times...even bought a truck from the US on there...never had a problem. The only thing you have to ensure is that you specify that UPS courier not send it. US postal service and Fedex do the best job.

I ordered a new furler summer 2009 and told the guy NO UPS. He sent it UPS anyway and when it didn't arrive I called him and told him to keep it. He sent one right then via Fedex. The Fedex shipped one was at my house the next morning and the UPS shipped one showed up the next day...it was 2 days late and it was turned around to go back the same snail pace it arrived.

Told the guy at Furlex if you want to keep your business better work with people who can get it done.

"Odyssey"
1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
The optimist expects it to change.
The realist adjusts the sails.
...Sir William Arthur Ward.
  #27   IP: 74.15.99.250
Old 03-24-2012, 11:22 AM

Yes, I've always said no UPS. I figure I'm paying I get to choose. But then I get told "if I don't like the deal and the shipping don't bid".

I refuse UPS. They're slow, then they fee us to death. A brockerage fee, taxes, and then because they're collecting money a COD fee. It ends up more than theoriginal article.

Like I said, 32 disputes and I've won them all. One of them was Fraud. A seller called "doctors-deals" sold an item that simply didn't work. I returned it and after a month with no action on their part either a refund of replace the item and no response to my Emails I left them a Negative. Then I get an Email telling me because I left a Nagative they won't do a thing unless I issue a retraction to have the negative removed. I reported them to eBay who verified this had happened and and suspended them for a year.

Right now I'm involved in another one. Francisco Mercado from Puerto Rico sold me a cellphone then went silent. It's been over a month and no phone... He's now being investigated. (I was using this cellphone to connect to a microprocessor to use in our boat to text me if the bilge was to high or there's smoke etc, it's all built I just need the phone)

I just can't win. 'course... that's only .5% out of all I've dealt with. Maybe I'm too critical.

Kijiji is far better.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice View Post
OS
I've used ebay quiet a few times...even bought a truck from the US on there...never had a problem. The only thing you have to ensure is that you specify that UPS courier not send it. US postal service and Fedex do the best job.

I ordered a new furler summer 2009 and told the guy NO UPS. He sent it UPS anyway and when it didn't arrive I called him and told him to keep it. He sent one right then via Fedex. The Fedex shipped one was at my house the next morning and the UPS shipped one showed up the next day...it was 2 days late and it was turned around to go back the same snail pace it arrived.

Told the guy at Furlex if you want to keep your business better work with people who can get it done.

Last edited by old-sailer; 03-24-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: fingers