Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Discussion Topics > Troubleshooting
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   IP: 76.95.236.166
Old 03-01-2021, 10:59 AM

No Compression in #4

Hi All!

I have a small issue that I noticed yesterday while out. I noticed that the engine seemed to be having some trouble at the base RPM. She would only stall when in gear and throttling up (not every time). After the sail, I started to do some basic troubleshooting and realized I have zero compression in the #4 spark plug. This would make sense why the engine seems to be struggling a bit. Did some research here and determined that my valve must be stuck open. I tried a bit of oil and WD40 but no luck. Still no compression. I ran out and grabbed some MMO to give that a try this week but wanted to reach out here and see if you guys had any other theories or ideas of how to resolve this compression issue.

I have been thinking about giving the engine an acid rinse, do you think that could help with the valve?

A week before this last sail I did a tune-up: Changed the fuel separator, replaced spark plugs, replaced the raw water impeller, and gave her an oil change. I topped off the fuel separator with a bit of seafoam and added a bit of MMO to my oil change. Not sure if this info is important but wanted to share incase

Thanks!

Tags
compression, low compression, no compression, struggling