• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave Neptune
    Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
    • Jan 2007

Changes in lattitude and longitude and altitude

Over the last weekend I moved from Huntington Beach to Lake Arrowhead Ca. Will be keeping Volador for a while and may upgrade to a larger boat in the next year. Perhaps my last year with an A-4 powered boat. I do want to build a lil cruiser launch for the lake with A-4 power. Will probably modify and old late 50's or early 60's fiberglass runabout at 14' or under for the "dinghy dock" at Catalina and fishing/crusing on the lake.

I am spending some time on the boat during the week to avoid the new commute eek:.

Dave Neptune
  • hcrisp
    • Aug 2012

Changes

Good luck with the move but I hope that doesn't mean you will leave the forum, Dave. I can't imagine this place without you.
    Howard
    sigpic
    S/V Swimmer
    Bristol 27

Comment

• Mo
      Afourian MVP
      • Jun 2007

Dave,
      Sounds like quite the adjustment on the go there. One thing is for sure though, unless you are using the boat, and it is relatively close, it becomes harder to justify having them around year after year.

Wishing you good luck with all the changes and continue to look forward to reading your input here on the forum.
      Mo

"Odyssey"
      1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
      The optimist expects it to change.
      The realist adjusts the sails.
      ...Sir William Arthur Ward.

Comment

• Dave Neptune
        • Jan 2007

Thanx guys. Where I was in Huntington Beach I drove past the marina on the way home. Now I am sneaking aboard the boat 3~4 nights during the week, a much shorter drive and commuting home for the weekend. This will go on until I retire in a couple of years. Once retired I will probably use Volador or another boat much more for extended times at Catalina. I'll need to take some time getting used to the mountains and that damned fluffy white KRAP in the winter.

Dave Neptune

Comment

• JOHN COOKSON
          • Nov 2008

Dave N.

I hope you stick around the forum. You have a unique blend of talent and experience that is light years over and above most others.

Low compression flat head engines with points based ignition systems, updraft carburetors, and sort of strange transmissions are unheard of in this day and age. Your contribution to help the rest of us understand and repair these strange little "beasties" has been invaluable and definitely appreciated.

Anything you (and the rest of us) post in this forum will be passed on to the newer and the younger generation of sailors and Afourians.

What ever tack your life may take may fair winds and smooth seas be with you always.

LET'S GO SAILING!!!!!

TRUE GRIT

Comment

Working...
          X